URL: http://qwsim.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=12252
Printed Date: 25 Jun 2019 at 12:06pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: LVAR
Posted By: deca
Subject: LVAR
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 3:28pm
Hello,
I'm looking for LVARs that could control my OpenCockpit MCP. For example HDG SEL that I can't get to work with FS control: AP Hdg Hold On as it seems to be the rule on default aircraft.

ATB

-------------
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richtor scale.

Replies:
Posted By: grunthos
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 6:20am
I've got a similar situation - OpenCockpits MCP, in my case controlled via SPAD.Next. I've examined all the LVARs published by the aircraft and in the end I had to do most of the button pressing via FSUIPC mouse macros. As you've probably seen, some of the default autopilot modes and variables do work with the Avro, but many do not. There are some useful LVARs, but from what I can see there aren't any to show which mode the autopilot is in (which you'd need to control the lights on/off status for buttons) nor are there LVARs you can set to indicate a button click on most of the autopilot buttons (unlike the overhead, for example). So when my autopilot drops out of a mode automatically, the light on the MCP button stays on because I'm controlling it with a Boolean variable that is swapped when the mouse macro runs.

There is a thread from one of the devs in the Pilot's Lounge sub-forum here which has some useful keypress events / LVARs I wasn't aware of - those will help me a little, but unless there's something I'm missing, a hacked-together combo of mouse macros and SPAD.Next scripting is the best I can do.

Posted By: ErnieAlston
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 9:12pm
Can you lets us know what Lvars you need ?

Maybe we can add them in an update..  No promises, but we can try.

-------------

Ernie Alston
Development Team

Posted By: grunthos
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 11:20am
Hi Ernie.

Thanks - if you were able to do something, it would be appreciated by those cockpit builders out there trying to wire up the 146.

Basically, what I need to be able to do is 'virtually' press any of the buttons on the autopilot (146 and RJ autopilots), and to know whether each of the buttons is lit up / activated or not. So I guess a set of bool LVARs for each button (eg VORLOC_PRESSED) which when set to TRUE will cause the gauge to register a press on that button and then set the LVAR back to FALSE, and a second set (eg VORLOC_ON) which holds a Boolean state for each button, TRUE when it's lit-up / active, FALSE when not. That would let me make all the mode changes and detect when the autopilot drops out of a mode automatically.

Then I'd also need similar LVARs to increment / decrement the values set with rotary knobs (SPD, HDG, ALT etc). Although some of these values are readable and settable in Simconnect, it only seems to actually work properly when you turn the knob - which I'm having to do with mouse macros right now.

Everything else looks to be already covered by LVARs, in terms of what I need.

Thanks!

NH

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 3:43am
Hi Ernie,

As grunthos I would appreciate it if you could do something for the cockpit builders.

I'll add to what was said about the MCP. I will add the programming of the FMS.

ATB,
Emmanuel

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2019 at 6:11am
What would also be great is to have the kit for cockpitbuilers as for the 787 :

http://qualitywingssim.com/files/ultimate_787_collection/docs/QualityWings%20-%20Ultimate%20787%20Sim%20Builders%20Kit.pdf" rel="nofollow - http://qualitywingssim.com/files/ultimate_787_collection/docs/QualityWings%20-%20Ultimate%20787%20Sim%20Builders%20Kit.pdf

-------------

Posted By: Lars
Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 8:35am
The autopilot in the 146 is mostly connected to the default FS autopilot, so you could use the default FS key commands to control most of that.

A Sim Builder's Kit like we did for the 787 is unfortunately not planned for this product (different customerbase and price tag).

-------------

Lars Roennig
Development Team
Do not send me PMs regarding product support.

Date Posted: 11 May 2019 at 10:37am
Hi,

I couldn't connect the knobs (LVL CHG, L-NAV, V-NAV, VOR LOC, V/S, NAV1 et NAV2) and the altitude display is not working. Could you tell us which offsets are used.

>A Sim Builder's Kit like we did for the 787 is unfortunately not planned for this product
>(different customerbase and price tag).

I'm not lucky. It's the RJ I like and for which I'm building a cokpit. I would be willing to pay the price of 787 for a more sophisticated product.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 8:50am
Originally posted by deca deca wrote:

I couldn't connect the knobs (LVL CHG, L-NAV, V-NAV, VOR LOC, V/S, NAV1 et NAV2) and the altitude display is not working. Could you tell us which offsets are used.

>A Sim Builder's Kit like we did for the 787 is unfortunately not planned for this product
>(different customerbase and price tag).

I'm not lucky. It's the RJ I like and for which I'm building a cokpit. I would be willing to pay the price of 787 for a more sophisticated product.

After many unsuccessful attempts, I managed to update my altitude. I have assigned a free offset for the altitude encoder. He uses the LVAR: L:alt_knob_clicked

-- buton 2-3
    var  = ipc.readUW(0x334F)
    -- read again 334F
    ipc.writeUW(0x334F,0)

if var < 128 then
        ipc.writeLvar("L:alt_knob_clicked",1)
    else
        ipc.writeLvar("L:alt_knob_clicked",2)
    end

The LUA ipcReady script continuously tests the status of the alt_window_val LVAR.

function altitude()
    ipc.writeUW(0x3353,ipc.readLvar('L:alt_window_val')) 
end

event.Lvar("L:alt_window_val",100,"altitude")

SIOC receives the values and updates the display.

Var 0056, name CHECK, Link SUBRUTINE
{
  IF &CMD = 1
  {
    &D_ALT = &QW_ALT
  }
}

For the altitude, it's okay, the rest is still waiting for an answer.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net