QualityWings Simulations Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate 146 Collection Support > Ultimate 146 General Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the QualityWings Forums! Ultimate 787 Owners who are new to our Support system: DO NOT POST SUPPORT REQUEST IN THE GENERAL FORUMS! You must register your product by going here first.

Files QW_fx1.bmp and QW_fx.bmp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote william54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Files QW_fx1.bmp and QW_fx.bmp
    Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 9:13pm
ConfusedRecently had to resolve an issue with black smoke, black waves, black smoke on landings, black contrails, etc. I just had purchased the BAe 146 collection when these effects went black. The same black effects also affected other FSX airplanes. For reasons unknown my "texture" sub-folder under the main FSX "Effects" folder was emptied and the only file in it was QW_fx1.bmp. I restored files using my back-up and understood the black effects were primarily caused by file fx_1.bmp missing along with all the other files. But I no longer get engine smoke on start-up but all other smoke effects seem to work now. File QW_fx is in the main FSX "Texture" folder. What function do the subject files serve? Any ideas where my engine smoke went? Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic