QualityWings Simulations Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate 146 Collection Support > Ultimate 146 General Support
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Avro RJ VNAV Cruise Target Speed works only Mach
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the QualityWings Forums! Ultimate 787 Owners who are new to our Support system: DO NOT POST SUPPORT REQUEST IN THE GENERAL FORUMS! You must register your product by going here first.

Avro RJ VNAV Cruise Target Speed works only Mach

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MagicD3VIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Avro RJ VNAV Cruise Target Speed works only Mach
    Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 5:45pm
For some reason when setting up VNAV CRZ TGT SPD with input of "270" the knots value is always ignored and the mach value behind the slash is used. I can set it to "120/0.60" and while crusing the VNAV will hold ~272 knots.

Has anyone else noticed this? I would expect that the knots value would get translated to mach value behind the slash.

Cheers
MagicD3VIL View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MagicD3VIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 5:46pm
I noticed that while in VNAV cruise phase, the display shows "A/T MACH", which is the reason why the mach speed is used. Hovewer, pressing the C/O button shows "A/T IAS" on the display for just a second and then it switches itself back to "A/T MACH". Confused

All of the other modes like Thrust and Lvl Change work normally. After pressing the C/O button they stay in the selected "A/T IAS" or "A/T MACH" modes normally.

I still do not know why this is a problem only with VNAV in the cruise phase. VNAV Climb and Descent phases use the IAS values normally.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic