QualityWings Simulations Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > QualityWings General User Forums > Official Previews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the QualityWings Forums! Ultimate 787 Owners who are new to our Support system: DO NOT POST SUPPORT REQUEST IN THE GENERAL FORUMS! You must register your product by going here first.

Ultimate 787 - SP2 Released - Hello Dash 10!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aljina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 4:26pm
I have a quick question, Do i download service pack 1,2 then 1.1.3 then 1.2,1 .. so confusing... 

ApolloEros View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ApolloEros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 4:34pm
Quick Weather Question.

Before the Sp2 update the wxr radar would display weather. Although not as active as say my ff757 under xplane.

Now after the sp2 update it looks like I'm not getting weather at all. I have attached screenshots of my current setup to see if I did the config wrong at all.

Thanks for your help.

Best,
Chris

Edited by ApolloEros - 07 Oct 2019 at 4:43pm
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ApolloEros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 4:48pm
Mroberts95 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mroberts95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by ApolloEros ApolloEros wrote:

Other images are not linking in a single thread. So linking via gdrive.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1u23ZowPSj625kNO41gU-0DEbBJxujxQE
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eFy_U0vBySikicPZpc3_MsxKfYO4MIWo
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qjy4DvCkgrxIOWu2x6t-FwfMZdH2a6v4

Not to be rude or not sure if you dont know how a WXR works.
If there isnt any precipitation its not going to have returns.
WXR isnt for clouds. Its for rain/hail etc..
In the third picture it says precipitation reported: None which means you arent going to get WXR returns.
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ApolloEros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by Mroberts95 Mroberts95 wrote:

Other images are not linking in a single thread. So linking via gdrive.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1u23ZowPSj625kNO41gU-0DEbBJxujxQE
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eFy_U0vBySikicPZpc3_MsxKfYO4MIWo
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qjy4DvCkgrxIOWu2x6t-FwfMZdH2a6v4

Not to be rude or not sure if you dont know how a WXR works.
If there isnt any precipitation its not going to have returns.
WXR isnt for clouds. Its for rain/hail etc..
In the third picture it says precipitation reported: None which means you arent going to get WXR returns.

Not rude at all. Actually, after this post, some WXR started to finally show up.

Is turbulence modeled in the QW787? I'm generally in WX+T mode. I know generally this is only picked up when there is sufficient precipitation. If so is the modeled range the same as the WX (e.g., 40-160 miles)?

Thank you for your help.
keenrw View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keenrw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by aljina aljina wrote:

I have a quick question, Do i download service pack 1,2 then 1.1.3 then 1.2,1 .. so confusing... 

if you have V 1.1.3 you need to uninstall the liveries then the 787...reinstall the 787 using the exe from the QW site or Flight 1 .. it will be version 1.2.1..... if you have v1.2.0 or 1.2.0.1 then you can use the smaller hot fix to update to V1.2.1... there is a typo that says 1.1.3 but ignore that as the file will update your 787 to 1.2.1

Rich
I7-8700K OC 4.7 GIG..W10 64bit ..GTX1080
Beau View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Beau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 6:17pm
Same for me. Loads a few people in business class and no fuel. I followed the youtube video too and opening dispatch not like video with overweight load when opened.
ErnieAlston View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ErnieAlston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by aljina aljina wrote:

Only 1.2.1 is needed, you can skip the others.

Ernie Alston
Development Team
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErnieAlston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 7:29pm

Is turbulence modeled in the QW787? I'm generally in WX+T mode. I know generally this is only picked up when there is sufficient precipitation. 

Yes, turbulent areas should display in pink/magenta.

If so is the modeled range the same as the WX (e.g., 40-160 miles)?

Theoretically its up to 160nm, though in our testing we were only able to get Activesky to produce about 110nm.  So others will have to let us know if the get more.

Ernie Alston
Development Team
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErnieAlston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by Beau Beau wrote:

Same for me. Loads a few people in business class and no fuel. I followed the youtube video too and opening dispatch not like video with overweight load when opened.

Do you have the 1.2.1 update installed ?

Ernie Alston
Development Team
Beau View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 8:35pm
Yes, I installed the version for those who have 1.2.0 and it didn't work.
Then, uninstalled all, including liveries and downloaded again from Flight1 and still not loading fuel.
Using FSX Steam. So 1.2.1 did not solve issue for me.
The route loads properly. I used klax to Kfso. flight plan.
Thank you.
Beau
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErnieAlston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 8:40pm

Then, uninstalled all, including liveries and downloaded again from Flight1 and still not loading fuel.
Thank you.
Beau

What version number is displayed in the CDU's Ident page ?

What airline was selected ?  What aircraft variant ?

Ernie Alston
Development Team
keenrw View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote keenrw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 8:52pm

Thank you.
Beau

I think you may have to put in the route and CRZ FL before it will give you the fuel needed for the flight , give that a go
Jockos View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jockos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 10:19pm
If anyone is following the short YouTube tutorial on the 'Load Agent', they have omitted to mention that there is the need to load also, the cruise flight level with the city pair.
If you don't load the cruise level you don't get fuel levels in the EFB.
For info.
Cheers
Jock McIntyre
Melbourne, Australia
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ErnieAlston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by Jockos Jockos wrote:

If anyone is following the short YouTube tutorial on the 'Load Agent', they have omitted to mention that there is the need to load also, the cruise flight level with the city pair.
If you don't load the cruise level you don't get fuel levels in the EFB.
For info.
Cheers

The assumption is made that if the Flight plan was EXEC's (which is required for the load agent) then a proper cruise alt has been entered.

Ernie Alston
Development Team
Beau View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 9:01am
Loading the cruise level worked for me. Fuel now showing.
Beau View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 11:02am

It shows (QW 1.2.1)
Loading the cruise level worked for fuel loading
EJW View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 11:43am
Hi guys

Running P3D 4.5 with HF2. uninstalled 787 completely incl. any aircrafts - everything. Re-installed 1.2 and updated to 1.21. About 3 hours into flight at approach into YPPH SIM froze and then had the bugsplat64.dll error. WX radar was of and then SIM had run perfect before that. Anyone else having the same issue??
hammyroo View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hammyroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 10:24pm
Im getting Morse code with the Dash-10. Its giving me ILS marker read outs in Morse code when i'm in cruise at FL410 any suggestions?
Bronsfly787 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bronsfly787 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 9:38am
Having problems with the update 1.2 and also with 1.2.1.
After uninstalling 1.1.3 and installing 1.2 or 1.2.1 a couple of times the planes do not load visually. You kan hear the engines running and flaps moving, but there is nothing to see. P3D gives a cannot load visual representation of the plane warning.

I'm running P3D 4.5 on windows 10
FerdB
dantine View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 9:57am
the same for me and no assistance
krake802 View Drop Down
QW787 Crew
QW787 Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krake802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 11:01am
Originally posted by hammyroo hammyroo wrote:

Im getting Morse code with the Dash-10. Its giving me ILS marker read outs in Morse code when i'm in cruise at FL410 any suggestions?

I believe that the "morse code" sound is your ADF tune; try turning that off? Also does this happen with every flight?

Originally posted by Bronsfly787 Bronsfly787 wrote:

Having problems with the update 1.2 and also with 1.2.1.
After uninstalling 1.1.3 and installing 1.2 or 1.2.1 a couple of times the planes do not load visually. You kan hear the engines running and flaps moving, but there is nothing to see. P3D gives a cannot load visual representation of the plane warning.

I'm running P3D 4.5 on windows 10

This one is weird? - Try uninstalling it, delete all to do with the QW787 in your files area in your sim's main folder then turn off your Anti-Virus (Something there might potentially be blocking a file from installing) and then install again. - Also, do you use anything to do with PBR on the aircraft, like tomato shade?
Anthony Eyre
B789 F/A
Windows 10 64Bit
Intel i7-4790K @ 4.00GHz
16GB RAM
ASUS GTX 1080Ti ROG Strix 11GB
Corsair 750W
ASUS Z97 PRO-Gamer
Prepar3D V4.4
krake802 View Drop Down
QW787 Crew
QW787 Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krake802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 11:03am
Originally posted by EJW EJW wrote:

Hi guys

Running P3D 4.5 with HF2. uninstalled 787 completely incl. any aircrafts - everything. Re-installed 1.2 and updated to 1.21. About 3 hours into flight at approach into YPPH SIM froze and then had the bugsplat64.dll error. WX radar was of and then SIM had run perfect before that. Anyone else having the same issue??

Hi! With the bugsplat64.dll error; reinstall your QW787 then during the installation process, say NO to the QW's Bug error reporting that comes with the QW787... That should fix the issue.
Anthony Eyre
B789 F/A
Windows 10 64Bit
Intel i7-4790K @ 4.00GHz
16GB RAM
Corsair 750W
ASUS Z97 PRO-Gamer
Prepar3D V4.4
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bronsfly787 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 2:19pm
I'm having the same problem. Frustrating.
FerdB
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bronsfly787 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 2:41pm
It was a clean uninstal with everything QW removed from the computer. Anti virus was also not the problem. Version 1.1.3 had no issues and I have re-installed that for the time being.
FerdB
krake802 View Drop Down
QW787 Crew
QW787 Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krake802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Bronsfly787 Bronsfly787 wrote:

It was a clean uninstal with everything QW removed from the computer. Anti virus was also not the problem. Version 1.1.3 had no issues and I have re-installed that for the time being.

I ask again; this could be a key factor...

Originally posted by krake802 krake802 wrote:

Also, do you use anything to do with PBR on the aircraft, like tomato shade?
Anthony Eyre
B789 F/A
Windows 10 64Bit
Intel i7-4790K @ 4.00GHz
16GB RAM
Corsair 750W
ASUS Z97 PRO-Gamer
Prepar3D V4.4
EJW View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 7:51am
Thanks. I give that a try
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bronsfly787 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 10:58am
No PBR.
FerdB
deviantdog View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote deviantdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 11:13am
Originally posted by ErnieAlston ErnieAlston wrote:

Originally posted by gingerjordan gingerjordan wrote:

After 2 reinstall just to make sure. I cant get the QW Load Agent to work properly. I followed the youtube video that was uploaded recently but yet when i click QW Load Agent it gives me the date and the PLF, i press load and it loads a few people into the business section and a minus amount in the aft cargo. I have tested on -9 (VIR) and -10 (UAL) both give same results  

Redownload the installer from Flight1 ,we have corrected this particular issue.

I'm having the same problem with the QW Load Agent. Would you please elaborate on your explanation? Do I do a complete uninstall, redownload the installer, then reinstall the 787? The post on 10/5/2019 stated the problem was corrected, but I updated my 787 on 10/7/19 and am experiencing the issue.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ErnieAlston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by deviantdog deviantdog wrote:

I'm having the same problem with the QW Load Agent. Would you please elaborate on your explanation? Do I do a complete uninstall, redownload the installer, then reinstall the 787? The post on 10/5/2019 stated the problem was corrected, but I updated my 787 on 10/7/19 and am experiencing the issue.

It was in the 1.2.1 update released on 10/7

No uninstall is needed, just run the 1.2.1 installer.

Any further issues on questions on QW Agent please post to the support forum. Its gets difficult to track a single issue from the press release thread.

Thanks.

Ernie Alston
Development Team
deviantdog View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deviantdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by ErnieAlston ErnieAlston wrote:

Originally posted by deviantdog deviantdog wrote:

It was in the 1.2.1 update released on 10/7

No uninstall is needed, just run the 1.2.1 installer.

Any further issues on questions on QW Agent please post to the support forum. Its gets difficult to track a single issue from the press release thread.

Thanks.

That worked. Thank you for your help.
Christopher Low View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christopher Low Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 12:30pm
Congratulations on the release of version 1.2.1. The addition of the 787-10 is appreciated, and everything appears to be working fine on my PC. There are just two items that I would like to see added in a future update.....

A more consistently responsive FMS keypad - I have to be very deliberate and slow with this when compared to FMS keypads in other products, because the mouse click is sometimes not acknowledged.
A power band marker for the throttles - so that I can power match before disengaging the autothrottle on final approach.

Edited by Christopher Low - 11 Oct 2019 at 12:31pm
sodes View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Christopher Low Christopher Low wrote:

Congratulations on the release of version 1.2.1. The addition of the 787-10 is appreciated, and everything appears to be working fine on my PC. There are just two items that I would like to see added in a future update.....

A more consistently responsive FMS keypad - I have to be very deliberate and slow with this when compared to FMS keypads in other products, because the mouse click is sometimes not acknowledged.
A power band marker for the throttles - so that I can power match before disengaging the autothrottle on final approach.

According to the response of the mouse, I agree. Almost always have to click two, three times.
Panel configuration in kilograms does not save. That is, there is a record in qw787.cfg, but anyway it loads into LBS every time.
This parameter “PauseAtDistFromDest” doesn’t affect the distance in any way. I set it to 10, but still, the pause is a mile away.
SPD RESTR What restriction do not set (for example 250/10000), if SPD TRANS for example 261/10000, then in Vnav mode it will still gain speed by SPD TRANS.
mseder View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mseder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by jay907uk jay907uk wrote:

I'm still unable to download wind Data Still ???
wx_station_list.txt
current_wx_snapshot_txt

- I got this problem as well, it all has worked fine before, all files in that weather folder is in place, hasn't changed anything after uninstall + reinstall 1.2.0, AS16 is running etc
Should there be something in the q787 config file??

Old problems that is still not fixed:
- VOR detection still not solid, you really must get close to the VOR before it works properly
In the image attached the distance to VOR ARL (inside red circle) should be something like 50 nm, not 15.

- Selecting lines/data in the FMS still drives you crazy as you have to click so many times before it kicks in. I have a mp4 video-clip in case you wish to see it. 

Edited by mseder - 12 Oct 2019 at 3:30pm
keenrw View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keenrw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by mseder mseder wrote:

Originally posted by jay907uk jay907uk wrote:

I'm still unable to download wind Data Still ???
wx_station_list.txt
current_wx_snapshot_txt

- I got this problem as well, it all has worked fine before, all files in that weather folder is in place, hasn't changed anything after uninstall + reinstall 1.2.0, AS16 is running etc
Should there be something in the q787 config file??

Old problems that is still not fixed:
- VOR detection still not solid, you really must get close to the VOR before it works properly
In the image attached the distance to VOR ARL (inside red circle) should be something like 50 nm, not 15.

- Selecting lines/data in the FMS still drives you crazy as you have to click so many times before it kicks in. I have a mp4 video-clip in case you wish to see it. 

Its showing the DME to another VOR not ARL , its a known problem which QW have said they will fix .. hopfully as a priority as its quite a bad bug... at the moment i set both Nav radios to the same VOR in the hopes i get the correct one showing

Edited by keenrw - 12 Oct 2019 at 3:35pm
Lars View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
QW Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 3:09pm
Please refrain from posting bugs in this topic and use the appropriate sub forum instead. 
Thank you.

Lars Roennig
Development Team
Do not send me PMs regarding product support.
mseder View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mseder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 8:00pm
I added 
HiFiSnapshotDir=C:\Users\....  to the qw787 config file and the weather start working.

I actually recommended this in thread
https://qwsim.flight1.net/forums/ultimate-787-version-1-1-3-released_topic12333&FID=3&PR=3_page2.html

but thought that it was not necessary to do, it definitely is!

mseder View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mseder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 7:19am
Originally posted by Lars Lars wrote:

Please refrain from posting bugs in this topic and use the appropriate sub forum instead. 
Thank you.

Done
specmaciek View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote specmaciek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 12:28pm
Weather radar still not working for 78X with Active sky next for FSXSe, and I was thinking its new system and will be fix.
Mohmmed1397 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mohmmed1397 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 1:47pm
Hi 
I got a problem when I updated the plane from version 1.1.3 to version 1.2.1 and it is not showing the plane and the message shows the unavailability of the plane as the picture:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic