QualityWings Simulations Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate 787 Collection Support > Painting Hangar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the QualityWings Forums! Ultimate 787 Owners who are new to our Support system: DO NOT POST SUPPORT REQUEST IN THE GENERAL FORUMS! You must register your product by going here first.

First attempt at a repaint

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mach 3.5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First attempt at a repaint
    Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 7:46am
Fictitious for fun 787-8 Kawasaki/Monster Energy public relations corporate jet...

Kawasaki Heavy Industries actually supplies assemblies for the 787 so it's possible Big smile 

Edited by Mach 3.5 - 02 Nov 2017 at 3:32am
My humble contributions to the Flight Sim community...

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?Ca
Novej View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Novej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 8:13am
Good job Mach! Experimenting is honestly the best way to learn how to do this. Are you using PS?
Mach 3.5 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mach 3.5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 8:18am
Nope, just paint.net with a psd plugin and DXTBmp. Can't afford that high end stuff. Your the one that gave me the idea to use paint.net
gnt586 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnt586 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 5:59pm
Good job , be careful once ya start ya wont want to stop Wink
Sort of here when not playing in the Snow
Mach 3.5 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mach 3.5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by gnt586 gnt586 wrote:

Good job , be careful once ya start ya wont want to stop Wink

So it's kind of like potato chips then? LOL

I feel your pain now. You can sure lose your way on revisions! I was looking at the Stab thinking "Is that the left side or the right side? What about when I need to flip it? Which way do I need to make these logos?"
Novej View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Novej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Mach 3.5 Mach 3.5 wrote:

Nope, just paint.net with a psd plugin and DXTBmp. Can't afford that high end stuff. Your the one that gave me the idea to use paint.net

Awesome! I can't really help with PS but going this route I can def help with that. If you have any questions ask away.....Good luck!
Mach 3.5 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mach 3.5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 10:53pm
Question 1. How much memory is required to load the QW 787 Masters? I have 16gb and paint.net said not enough memory to load them. So I just used the individual textures. I imagine using the Masters would be quite a bit easier.
Novej View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Novej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 2:08pm

Question 1. How much memory is required to load the QW 787 Masters? I have 16gb and paint.net said not enough memory to load them. So I just used the individual textures. I imagine using the Masters would be quite a bit easier.

Yeah unfortunately we don't have the option of using the master (at least not that I know of). See why I said doing it this way is the hard way? Lol
gnt586 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnt586 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 3:05pm
Just FYI

Photoshop - Fully loaded made livery size 12531*6022  show as 2gb memory taken on my pc 

see here for oom

Sort of here when not playing in the Snow
Mach 3.5 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mach 3.5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 3:51pm
Thanks for the info Lee. I've got a 64 bit processor and Windows 7 64 Ultimate, I'll investigate it further.
Here's exactly what I get loading the QW 787 Masters...

Mach 3.5 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mach 3.5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 9:04am
Originally posted by Novej Novej wrote:

Yeah unfortunately we don't have the option of using the master (at least not that I know of). See why I said doing it this way is the hard way? Lol

Novej,

I have another computer with a 64bit processor/Windows 7 64 Ultimate with 64gb memory and paint.net with the .psd plugin loaded the QW Masters just fine. So 16gb is not enough.

Novej View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Novej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 11:18am

Originally posted by Novej Novej wrote:

Novej,

I have another computer with a 64bit processor/Windows 7 64 Ultimate with 64gb memory and paint.net with the .psd plugin loaded the QW Masters just fine. So 16gb is not enough.

Good to know but man 64gb of memory!? I have 32 currently never tried loading the master...Now I'm curious 🤔
Mach 3.5 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mach 3.5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 8:14am
Was the 32gb enough? I didn't see any published system requirements anywhere from QW for the Paint Kit, so I'm also curious. I'm mostly just a general computer user (Gaming, Music, etc.) and questioned why I bought all that memory. So this is now the reason why Smile

16gb (NOT ENOUGH) ----> ?????? ----> 64GB (ENOUGH)

During my experimentation, I tried to a save a copy of the Master I was working on. Copying gets to 90% and freezes. So it seems even 64GB is not enough to do it all. But can save the master work to the slave textures OK.

Edited by Mach 3.5 - 05 Nov 2017 at 2:48am

Novej View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Novej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 7:39pm
I'm in the process of moving. No computer or repaints for atleast the next two weeks or so...sorry 😕 (SN I know what my next repaint will be.....not a Delta hahaha)

Edited by Novej - 04 Nov 2017 at 7:39pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic