QualityWings Simulations Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > QualityWings General User Forums > Official Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the QualityWings Forums! Please read this Welcome Topic:

QualityWings Status Update - January 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Corey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: QualityWings Status Update - January 2013
    Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 12:57pm

QualityWings Status Update

Greetings to everyone and welcome to 2013! We hope that the past few weeks of the Holiday season have been especially warm for you and your families.

First, I just want to take an opportunity to thank everyone for their support in previous years and especially in 2012. We hope that our products have helped provide a high level of entertainment for you and we’re working to ensure that it continues and gets even better.

As we try to do periodically, I’d like to provide an Overall Status Update for all things QualityWings.

Ultimate 146 Collection – Stage 3 (BAe146 Variants)

We are happy to have been able to deliver the first 2 stages of the Ultimate 146 as planned. We do understand that Stage 3 is running a little longer than many of you may have been expecting and we're working hard to get these variants to you as best we can. I am happy to report that the BAe146 Variants are nicely progressing at the moment. Nearly all the artwork is done and the GNS-XLS FMC is pretty much finalized and ready for testing.

Currently the main focus is on the Sperry autopilot. This autopilot is quite different to what you see on the Avro Variants. Vertical modes feature pitch hold, Alt Hold, VS Hold and IAS/MACH modes which act similar to LVL CHG on the Avro. Although there is a VNAV button on the MCP, it was never functional in the real plane (and thus it is not in our product). The GNS-XLS helps you by giving a VNAV prediction for every waypoint though. In terms of lateral navigation, we are investigating on a completely reworked autopilot code which is also to be used on the upcoming Ultimate 787. We’re tapping into some new areas with this but first tests make us very confident we’re on a good track with this system. It will allow us much more accuracy and customization of the lateral autopilot modes - especially in windy conditions. With every new feature comes more development time unfortunately, which is one of the reasons why the estimated release timeframe slipped towards the end of the first quarter in 2013 now. This is in favor of a proper autopilot representation which wouldn’t have been possible to this extend otherwise.

As far as the analogue gauges are concerned we have about 90% of all gauges done. The big remaining tasks are the semi-automatic pressurization system, the Thrust Management System (which is already in progress) and some pedestal differences.

On the outside, Samy is already very busy preparing the liveries in QWHDT for FSX. The differences on the exterior model itself are marginal and limited to different antenna locations as well as other details. Of course everything is built in the known accuracy that you already find on the Avro RJ variants.

We’re very happy with what we achieved so far and will keep you in the loop of this development. It promises to be a spectacular and unique product for an unbeatable price-quality-ratio. We've provided a few screens of the BAe146 in progress at the end of this thread. 

Ultimate 787

As many of our Facebook fans know, the exterior model is progressing quite nicely. It is still a work in progress, but we are very happy with the week to week progression. I’m sure many of you want to see more about the Flightdeck. Jacob has informed me that there is a significant preview of the flightdeck on the horizon.

Systems are progressing nicely albeit slowly. Once we have a handle on the testing of some of the features we have planned – we’ll be able to provide more information on what to expect for the 787.  As we’ve said several times in recent updates – this product is targeted for End of 2013. This is all tentative and subject to change. For those unfamiliar with the word tentative:

“Not certain or fixed; provisional: "a tentative conclusion".

Ultimate 757

Service Pack 3 for the 757 is currently a lower priority item as the Ultimate 146 and 787 are utilizing all resources at the moment. We still have plans to get that Service Pack out when time permits – but please understand that we have higher priority items going on at the moment.

Communications

We invite those of you who are on Facebook to Like our QualityWings page where you will always receive the latest information first. Major Press Releases will still always be posted on the Forums.  Product Support is NEVER available on Facebook!

You can find us on Facebook at:

http://www.facebook.com/QualityWings

Beta Testing Opportunities

We continue to receive requests for Beta Testing of our upcoming Ultimate 787. Again, when we are ready to bring on additional testers, I promise that we WILL tell you. You can be sure that we will advertise for it in the form of a Press Release and on Facebook. In the meantime, auditions have been taking place for a long while now. What do I mean by that? While we want to pick a diverse group of Beta Testers that includes not only those totally unfamiliar with our products, we know that there are a group of you out there who are loyal followers. We always monitor the contributions of our forum community and social media. Having a cousin who is an Associate Director of Mechanical & Electronic Trapezoid Engineering (Really, this is an actual position LOL) for the Boeing 787 means nothing if you don't know how to communicate with others in a professional manner. And no, that doesn't mean that we're looking for those who sing our praises all the time - but those who know how to provide constructive criticisms as adults.

Just giving you all something to think about Wink

Thanks for your patience and continued support!

Corey Ford
Development Team
Erikk View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Erikk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 1:06pm
Thank you very much for this information! Good to hear something about it. 
Really can't wait for the previews of the 787!
ASUS P8Z68-V_Pro, Nvidia MSI GTX 770, Intel i5 2500K 4.50Ghz, Corsair 8 GB 1600 kit RAM.
Proud FSX user!
cosnowboarder_777 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosnowboarder_777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 1:43pm
Thanks for the update Corey, that looks just like the fmc out of the Jetstream.
John Bauer
svilenv View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote svilenv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 1:49pm
Thanks for the update, Corey!

Eagerly awaiting the 146, but take your time with it. I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Very nice to hear that you decided to precisely simulate the 146 autopilot modes and own thrust management systems, instead of porting over the RJ systems.

Originally posted by cosnowboarder_777 cosnowboarder_777 wrote:

Thanks for the update Corey, that looks just like the fmc out of the Jetstream.

If you look at the credits section of the JS41 manual, you'll see who created the FMC for that bird :)
Regards,
Svilen Vassilev
marty12 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marty12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 2:05pm
"which is one of the reasons why the estimated release timeframe slipped towards the end of the first quarter in 2013 now."

Was this new May 2013 release date estimate for the Stage 3 (BAe146 Variants) ?

Edited by marty12 - 06 Jan 2013 at 2:07pm
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Renzo Marcus View Drop Down
QW Crew
QW Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renzo Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 3:05pm
Excellent update!
I'd like to thank all members of the QW team for all their hard work into the planes they make. They really work hard but some guys here need to calm down on the time they need to develop. The QW developers are just normal men like you and me who have a job, and a live, and a family, QW is their baby, but not thee most important thing in their lives, and IMHO, they are doing just fine!
Just remember that for next time you're unhappy because of a delay, they give up free time with their wives and kids for your pleasure!
Kind regards,
Renzo Marcus
Beta tester

Windows 8.1 Pro 64, Intel i5 2500k@4.6Ghz, Corsair H80, 8GB DDR3 Corsair, NVidia GTX560 1GB DDR5, Intel 520 180GB SSD, 2x 24", FSX SP2
Highlander_821 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Highlander_821 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 4:27pm
Thanks for the update and preview pics, can't wait!   
AJLedbetter123 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJLedbetter123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 5:59pm
Thanks for the update, much appreciate. Just a quick question about the 146, would a livery 'Debonair' be available, meaning is it a livery you'd be working on? I know it's a retired company, but it's well known for the 146-200

Regards
AJLedbetter123
AJLedbetter123

bojo17 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bojo17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 10:48pm
Thanks for the updates, eagerly awaiting the next version! In the WIP pics, it looks like an EADI vs. steam gauges, same with the engine instruments being digital...is this because it is WIP or is this what the final version will look like? (was really hoping for all steam gauges:)

Thanks,

Alex
svilenv View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote svilenv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by bojo17 bojo17 wrote:

..In the WIP pics, it looks like an EADI vs. steam gauges, same with the engine instruments being digital...is this because it is WIP or is this what the final version will look like? (was really hoping for all steam gauges:)

Thanks,

Alex

It's because the WIP pictures are from the -300 model. The -100, -200 should be all steam :)
Regards,
Svilen Vassilev
Kevin View Drop Down
QW Crew
QW Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by svilenv svilenv wrote:

Originally posted by bojo17 bojo17 wrote:

..In the WIP pics, it looks like an EADI vs. steam gauges, same with the engine instruments being digital...is this because it is WIP or is this what the final version will look like? (was really hoping for all steam gauges:)

Thanks,

Alex

It's because the WIP pictures are from the -300 model. The -100, -200 should be all steam :)
Funny you mention that, as in this shot here, the -300 has analog engine instruments.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Mahan-Air/British-Aerospace-BAe-146-300/2187668/L/
Captain Kevin
geramador View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geramador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 11:45pm
Great newsClap, I hope the upgrade with BAe cravings, what should I do or have to be a beta tester? Where do I apply?Smile
Renzo Marcus View Drop Down
QW Crew
QW Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renzo Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 5:39am
Originally posted by geramador geramador wrote:

Great newsClap, I hope the upgrade with BAe cravings, what should I do or have to be a beta tester? Where do I apply?Smile

Beta Testing Opportunities

We continue to receive requests for Beta Testing of our upcoming Ultimate 787. Again, when we are ready to bring on additional testers, I promise that we WILL tell you. You can be sure that we will advertise for it in the form of a Press Release and on Facebook. In the meantime, auditions have been taking place for a long while now. What do I mean by that? While we want to pick a diverse group of Beta Testers that includes not only those totally unfamiliar with our products, we know that there are a group of you out there who are loyal followers. We always monitor the contributions of our forum community and social media. Having a cousin who is an Associate Director of Mechanical & Electronic Trapezoid Engineering (Really, this is an actual position LOL) for the Boeing 787 means nothing if you don't know how to communicate with others in a professional manner. And no, that doesn't mean that we're looking for those who sing our praises all the time - but those who know how to provide constructive criticisms as adults.

There's your answer sir.
Kind regards,
Renzo Marcus
Beta tester

Windows 8.1 Pro 64, Intel i5 2500k@4.6Ghz, Corsair H80, 8GB DDR3 Corsair, NVidia GTX560 1GB DDR5, Intel 520 180GB SSD, 2x 24", FSX SP2
ayster View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ayster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 5:46am
Geramador, if you re-read the beta test section, it says QW will annouce when they want people to apply.
Cheers.
Ayster

p.s. I don't work for Quality Wings, just like to be helpful if possible!
Avro89 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avro89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 10:42am
Great news! 
Has the aircraft also a 2D-Panel? Smile

-Intel i7 2600K 3,40 GHz
-8 GB DDR3
-Win7 64-Bit
-GeForce 8800 GT
Kevin View Drop Down
QW Crew
QW Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 11:07am
Originally posted by Avro89 Avro89 wrote:

Great news! 
Don't know why it wouldn't.
Captain Kevin
geramador View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geramador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 9:43pm
Ha!, Sorry my English is very bad and misunderstood UU
pchmck View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pchmck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 2:52am
Originally posted by Kevin Kevin wrote:

Great news! 

Kevin's classic comment !!

(Has the aircraft also a 2D-Panel?) Quite normal question. For example Carenado's Cessna 208 hasn't.
Kevin View Drop Down
QW Crew
QW Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 8:11am
Originally posted by pchmck pchmck wrote:

Great news! 

(Has the aircraft also a 2D-Panel?) Quite normal question. For example Carenado's Cessna 208 hasn't.
Well, okay, that I wasn't aware of, but in any case, we're talking about QualityWings and not Carenado here, and since the RJ series came with a 2D panel, again I state, I don't know why the 146 wouldn't come with one.
Captain Kevin
JAL Radium View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAL Radium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 10:46am

Dear Quality Wings Team,

Thank you for this update, which give enough answers for the future customers of your 787 to wait some more months before seating in the left seat and push the throttle.

I am really impressed by the professionalism you prove every day; I cannot really give a judgement about your 146 or 757 because I haven’t been flight officer on these aircrafts in real life, but from what I saw I feel that the reliability of your products are great.

If I can be useful for the team, I’d be happy to offer my 3D skills (I am owner of a 3D modelling company) and piloting experience (formerly trained as a military pilot). If there is some rush for 3D modelling processes (model, mapping and texturing), I can surely make it for free to you on my spare time.

Best regards,

Radium

Edited by JAL Radium - 08 Jan 2013 at 10:48am
550Driver View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 550Driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2013 at 8:11pm
You guys continue pumping out winners like these, and you have got yourself a solid customer right here. Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Thumbs Up
nath2889 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nath2889 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2013 at 8:30am
looking forward to the new bae146 variants coming soon also the 787 but one question in the near future will up be doing the cargo variants for the BAe146
ErnieAlston View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErnieAlston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2013 at 9:33am
Originally posted by nath2889 nath2889 wrote:

...but one question in the near future will up be doing the cargo variants for the BAe146

We have some ideas in that area, it would be a time permitting type of thing, so its nothing we could commit to right now considering what is currently on our plates.
Ernie Alston
Development Team
WAC01 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WAC01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 9:42am
That's great! Thanks for the update. Very much appreciated. I am really looking forward to the new "old" version Big smile.

I'd like to lend my voice to the wish for a cargo version. My preference is for cargo in the FS world and TNT used a "tonne" of these machines (and maybe still do) along with others. So if it fits your schedule, I think it would be a good add-on.

Thanks again!

Glenn
Glenn
Boondog View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boondog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by WAC01 WAC01 wrote:

That's great! Thanks for the update. Very much appreciated. I am really looking forward to the new "old" version Big smile.

I'd like to lend my voice to the wish for a cargo version. My preference is for cargo in the FS world and TNT used a "tonne" of these machines (and maybe still do) along with others. So if it fits your schedule, I think it would be a good add-on.

Thanks again!

Glenn

again a vote for cargo versions.
mgr View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 7:32am
 again a vote for cargo versions.

YES PLEASE! ClapClapClapClapClapThumbs Up

Marcel

Edited by mgr - 27 Jan 2013 at 7:32am
yankeeromeo View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yankeeromeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 11:30am
I claim a Cargo version, Cargo Aircraft are, unfortunately, still too often forgotten on the FSX world, PLS QW Team, think about FreightDog Pilots and ground staff, without them, no fresh mealWinkWink
Cheers.
Lars View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 11:56am
We don't rule them out for a later expansion but that will surely not be free of charge as this 
product is already one of the best bargains you will find in FS.

Lars Roennig
Development Team
regen70 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regen70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 12:40pm
I have a feeling that I'm going to enjoy the 146 even more than the Avro. It seems to have the same degree of 'hands on' as the ATR 72 that I got so much pleasure from.
ashj24uk View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashj24uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 3:36pm
Whens is it going to be released?

erese View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2013 at 9:10am
Patience is all what you need.
nath2889 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nath2889 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2013 at 11:04am
its like waiting for xmas when you were a kid 
pchmck View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pchmck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2013 at 11:12am

Great news! 

Well, okay, that I wasn't aware of, but in any case, we're talking about QualityWings and not Carenado here, and since the RJ series came with a 2D panel, again I state, I don't know why the 146 wouldn't come with one.

Oh, thank you very much, thank you for your explanation, really I don't know we are on the QW forum!! I didn't request help for CARENADO, I said "for example" not "same as".  All of us haven't a superior intelligence like you, so it is normal if one member ask the question like "Has the aircraft also a 2D-Panel?" and could be answered without sarcasm, for example "yes it has".

Edited by pchmck - 21 Mar 2013 at 11:13am
AMD FX-8350/8CORES/4.0/ovrc. 5.0GHz,GIGABYTE GA990FXA-UD7,RAM 32GB/2000MHz,GeFORCE GTX TITAN,2xSSD 256GB,2*HDD 2TB, 3x42"LCD,SAITEK PRO FLIGHT,MCP+EFIS PANEL,ANDR. TBLT.FMC/EFB,WIN8-64BIT,FS9
Kevin View Drop Down
QW Crew
QW Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2013 at 11:58am

Great news! 

Oh, thank you very much, thank you for your explanation, really I don't know we are on the QW forum!! I didn't request help for CARENADO, I said "for example" not "same as".  All of us haven't a superior intelligence like you, so it is normal if one member ask the question like "Has the aircraft also a 2D-Panel?" and could be answered without sarcasm, for example "yes it has".
I wasn't being sarcastic. I was being dead serious.
Captain Kevin
kmax59 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmax59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 8:11am
You said : "With every new feature comes more development time unfortunately, which is one of the reasons why the estimated release timeframe slipped towards the end of the first quarter in 2013 now"

We are now on the second quarter of 2013, any news about the 146 variants? 
I don't want any release date; just want some news and I will be patient until the release Wink

Thanks 
nath2889 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nath2889 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 2:25pm
a update would be nice to see how it is coming along
Kevin View Drop Down
QW Crew
QW Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 4:30pm
Quote from Lars in another thread just two days ago.
Originally posted by Lars Lars wrote:

We are still working on it but things go a bit slower than anticipated due to some real world
challenges. Bear with us.
Captain Kevin
ashj24uk View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashj24uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 7:52am
Originally posted by nath2889 nath2889 wrote:

a update would be nice to see how it is coming along

I agree nath this is takeing so long its now ridiculous they shown us all the livery and the inside cockpit views but no release yet its just crazy 
Jordi View Drop Down
QW Dev Team
QW Dev Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jordi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 8:04am
With all due respect, do you think they just finished it and left it sitting on their computers? I'm sure no one wants the BAe-146 update out more than the guys at QW. 

Unfortunately the way it is, the development cycle is an exponential curve; the last 5% can take longer to finish than the first 95%. This is why you see previews of 'finished' looking products ages before they actually release. On top of this, developers want to show off their work-in-progress in the best light possible, and will be careful to only preview parts that are pretty much finished (not saying this is definitely the case with QW, but it happens). 

Jordi Blumberg
Development Team
Falgines View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Falgines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 2:00pm
Well said Jordi.
I fully agree with what you say. Only those who do not understand what it costs to finish a product and avoid those that require fixes to the maximum. I think it's better to wait longer and go perfect with errors that appear. Then comes after complaining. Be patient and let the technicians do their work better because it will be enough for us all.

JJFalcão
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic