QualityWings Simulations Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate 787 Collection Support > Painting Hangar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the QualityWings Forums! Ultimate 787 Owners who are new to our Support system: DO NOT POST SUPPORT REQUEST IN THE GENERAL FORUMS! You must register your product by going here first.

Request - Air Baltic 788

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fahdriyami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Request - Air Baltic 788
    Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 1:38pm
JayHawk View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayHawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 4:31pm
I'll give it a try now for you.

What options do you want? -8 or -9? RR or GE engines?

Edited by JayHawk - 06 Dec 2017 at 4:32pm
JayHawk View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayHawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 3:26am
So I made textures for both the -8 and -9 versions using RR engines.

787-8

787-9

What do you think? If they fit what you're expecting I'll upload both asap.

fahdriyami View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fahdriyami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 11:07am
Wow, that looks amazing! Thank you so much :)
JayHawk View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayHawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 1:52pm
The download is via dropbox (this link is updated to the current version for anyone reading this):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f3d2w7s13eyvjox/airBaltic787V3.zip?dl=0

If you spot any errors please let me know. I used the QW paint kit and as the guide recommended, edited the .psd's in 4096 then exported the textures to 2048. I can run them in 4096 but their performance is definitely better in 2048.

This re-texture also includes modified Trent's that I've been working on. It includes alteration to the core nacelle, material, metal colours and the pylon speculars.

This is actually my first full aircraft re-texture. I'm a texture artist but most of my creations are either scenery (such as in Skyrim), weapons, soldiers and vehicles (Arma 2 & 3, Insurgency, Battlefield 2 etc).

Credit to QW for their paint kit, it really makes life easier. I'm really impressed with how much effort they've put into every aspect of this aircraft. Also to airBaltic for providing me with a vector graphic of their logo. Vectors make life easier in every way when texturing in high resolutions. Finally thanks to GNT586. His extremely-high quality repaints are what I reference for placement of registrations and logos.

I may continue to work on this and add more details if I have time.

Edited by JayHawk - 07 Dec 2017 at 4:49pm
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fahdriyami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 3:27pm
Just gave it a try. The colors and logo graphics are perfect. Two things I noticed though is that the texture blurs when viewed from an angle and theres a strange line that runs through the center top of the fuselage.

The screenshots below show examples of that as well as a comparison with an Air France texture that doesnt exhibit this.

Besides this it looks great :)
JayHawk View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayHawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 4:03pm
That is odd. It looks like the textures are much lower resolution on your picture than what I uploaded. I just jumped in to FSX and took this screenshot on the -8:

Neither the -8 or -9 are having issues for me.

Have you opened, rescaled or altered the textures in any form? 

Kyle View Drop Down
QW Development Team
QW Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 4:05pm
Looks like you may have saved the textures with mipmaps.

Kyle S.
Texture Developer
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fahdriyami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 4:08pm
No, I just extracted, and pasted them directly into the airplane folder. Strange indeed.
Kyle View Drop Down
QW Development Team
QW Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 4:12pm
I was referring to the painter.

Kyle S.
Texture Developer
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fahdriyami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Kyle Kyle wrote:

I was referring to the painter.

Me too. Sorry, I forgot to quote.
Kyle View Drop Down
QW Development Team
QW Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 4:25pm
I see - lol :) 

Kyle S.
Texture Developer
JayHawk View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayHawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 4:27pm
Thanks Kyle - I did indeed have mipmaps turned on in the nvidia export settings. I completely glossed over that.

Here's a re-upload, hopefully this works for you:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f3d2w7s13eyvjox/airBaltic787V3.zip?dl=0

Edited by JayHawk - 07 Dec 2017 at 4:48pm
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fahdriyami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 4:55pm
It's perfect. Thank you! :)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic