QualityWings Simulations Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > QualityWings General User Forums > Official Previews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the QualityWings Forums! Ultimate 787 Owners who are new to our Support system: DO NOT POST SUPPORT REQUEST IN THE GENERAL FORUMS! You must register your product by going here first.

QualityWings 787 Status Update & Hotfix

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Lars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: QualityWings 787 Status Update & Hotfix
    Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 12:38pm
Greetings to our QualityWings 787 drivers!
Now that a week has passed since the initial release of the 787 and we finally have our bearings a bit, I just wanted to provide a quick status update on the 787. The feedback on our forums has been very helpful in determining what is being experienced by the customers flying the product. The reports have started to repeat now which is a good indication for us about what the issues are. We have started to prioritize fixes and our first Hotfix has just been released to bring the version from 1.00 to 1.01.

Hotfix [Version 1.0.1]

Before I provide the list of Hotfixes, I must let you all know that we made a mistake with the Initial Gauge that will deactivate your gauges on October 15th. This was an oversight on our part and we sincerely apologize. In order to avoid disruption, it is IMPERATIVE that you install this Hotfix.
In case we have any conspiracy theorist out there, no we are not looking to have your gauges expire in the future...it was a simple oversight to processes that we implemented during some earlier stages of development.
There is no need to re-install your product and installed liveries will continue to function. Simply run the updater and your software will be updated within seconds.
This hotfix is being released days before this expiration. If you miss installing the hotfix before the 15th and you receive that message, just install the hotfix and it will remove the expiration. Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
This Hotfix includes the following Fixes and Additions:
  • [Fixed] Removes Gauge Expiration
  • [Fixed] CTD on SYS COMM page
  • [Fixed] CTD when loading a saved Panelstate
  • [Fixed] Random Loss of Elevator Control
  • [Fixed] Overspeed Warning
  • [Fixed] Navdata Update using Navigraph
  • [Fixed] VC Texture Issues when using Reduced Memory Option on DX10
  • [Fixed] Flap Handle inop using Joystick Axis
  • [Fixed] ATIS Request
  • [Fixed] Wrong Alternate Airports on ND
  • [Fixed] Black Placard Shadow on 787-9 Phone in VC
  • [Fixed] MCP Flight Path Angle Decimal Digits
  • [Fixed] TCP WXR Page Call Mixup
  • [Fixed] Product Installer not automatically finding path to FSX: Steam Edition
  • [Added] LBS to KGS Option
  • [Added] Quick Start Manual
When we have new fixes available, we will update you on any further Hotfixes leading up to the eventual Service Pack. Please keep letting us know what you find. We are aware of CTDs and the LNAV issues experienced by some and are working on a solution. Additionally, issues with the Dispatcher are being worked on. We apologize for any inconvenience. I specifically mentioned those issues as they are top priority items.

Other Solutions

• During the initial hour of the release, there were some issues that prevented the installation due to server overloads experienced by Flight1 and also some duplicate orders. Those issues should have all been rectified as of October 6th.
  • A small number of customers have experienced a situation where their control wheels are banked and their displays are blanked. We have identified why this occurs, and a solution is available in our forums.
  • Not included in the Hotfix, but also soon to be available are several livery fixes that have been reported since the release. We will keep you up to date on the forums.

Prepar3D Version 4

As we previously mentioned, our priority is to wrap up the issues that we have on the FSX version of this product and then we will have a stable post release product to move into the current Version of P3D, which as of October 10, 2017 is P3D V4.1.
A popular question over the last week has been “If I purchase the FSX version of the product, will I receive any discount on the upcoming P3D version?” Customers who purchase the FSX version will receive 50% off the cost of the P3D version but this offer will expire 2 months after the release of the P3D version. After that time period, the FSX and P3D versions will be separate costs (69.95 USD each). But this shouldn’t be a big deal...all we keep hearing is that FSX is dead ;-)
Thank you for your patronage and helpful feedback on the forums.
Your QualityWings Simulations Team

Edited by Steve Halpern - 15 Oct 2017 at 8:15am
dani.moshe55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dani.moshe55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 1:01pm
Do you have any time period for the release to P3D v4.1 ?

Edited by dani.moshe55 - 13 Oct 2017 at 6:01am
VolgaDnepr View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VolgaDnepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 4:19pm
Thanks for the update. We very much appreciate your development efforts. Keep up the great work!
Anthonygeino96 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthonygeino96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 6:08pm
thanks lars just updated 787 
mseder View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mseder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 6:09pm
And here is another keep up the good work.

The sim is awesome and you guys are acting in the most professional manner.

Regards
Mats Sederholm

ivanacruz16 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ivanacruz16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 6:14pm
Pat on the back for your team for the great efforts to bring good customer service for your wonderful
product. 👏👏👏👏👏
tjf4375 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjf4375 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:18pm
Second the comments here, very attentive and professional response from QW to the issues being reported. It's a great product and it's inevitable that with something of this complexity there will be things to iron out.
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthonygeino96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:42pm
Also shoud i update the wrapper installer also
Odair View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 9:39pm
Hi guys
After cool and dark update does not work, change
in qw787.cfg
panelInstate = cold_and_dark.pnl
change panelInstate = coldanddark.pnl

Odair
ErnieAlston View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErnieAlston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by Odair Odair wrote:

Hi guys
After cool and dark update does not work, change
in qw787.cfg
panelInstate = cold_and_dark.pnl
change panelInstate = coldanddark.pnl

Odair

It should be panelstate  not panelInstate

Ernie Alston
Development Team
jipebro View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jipebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 5:42am
I appreciate very much your speed of reaction to correct some errors of youth .... I have an addiction for this plane, I fly for many hours, my wife does not appreciate too much lol Thumbs Up
Mohmmed1397 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mohmmed1397 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 6:36am
I have a problem loading the plane on the simulator flight simulator and it shows me a message that there is a mistake in the sound files and that is the message:
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mohmmed1397 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 6:38am
I have a problem loading the plane on the simulator flight simulator and it shows me a message that there is a mistake in the sound files and that is the message:

petrbilt View Drop Down
QW Development Team
QW Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petrbilt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 6:40am
Please post this in the support forum, thank you.
Lars View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 6:51am
Please disable your anti-virus software for the time being of the installation and make sure you run the installer as administrator (right click - run as admin).
If this doesn't help, please try to re-download the product.

For additional support, please create a topic in the support forum as Nick stated.

Edited by Lars - 13 Oct 2017 at 6:51am

Lars Roennig
Development Team
Do not send me PMs regarding product support.
pete_auau View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pete_auau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 6:55am
quick   question how  can one  determine  what  version is  one  at?  so  one  can  update  or  not
Lars View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 6:58am
You can see it on the FMC IDENT page (where it says OP PROGRAM)
and on the TCP MENU page. Both should read 1.0.1 after the hotfix.

Lars Roennig
Development Team
Do not send me PMs regarding product support.
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mohmmed1397 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 7:13am
Please allow the support forum link
Odair View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 8:27am
Is correct
sorry for the mistake

Odair
Efthimis View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Efthimis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 9:49am
hi, after install of update weather radar doesn't work like before. i have active sky 2016 please help
markcable View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markcable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 10:52am
How do you change the weights to KGS, is it via the qw787.cfg file like it is on the 757 and 146?

Samsung NP700GC laptop, Intel i7 Quad Core 3260M, 16GB DDR3 Ram, 2GB Nvidia GTX695M,
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mohmmed1397 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 12:45pm
I have done all the steps that have told me. The problem is still unresolved?
petrbilt View Drop Down
QW Development Team
QW Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petrbilt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 2:28pm
Can you post a link to your post in the support forum? I can't seem to locate it in there.
markcable View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markcable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 3:09pm
Figured it out, thxs
Samsung NP700GC laptop, Intel i7 Quad Core 3260M, 16GB DDR3 Ram, 2GB Nvidia GTX695M,
ozziebattler View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozziebattler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 6:14pm
Have downloaded the update , but how do you change from lbs to kg's ??
MaverickNO View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaverickNO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 6:47am
My plane is using up fuel from the left main tank and right main tank while on the ground, everything switched off only connected to GPU... even the fuel pumps are off. why is that? it drinks about 1T in 40min
Matt S View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 7:29am
Originally posted by MaverickNO MaverickNO wrote:

My plane is using up fuel from the left main tank and right main tank while on the ground, everything switched off only connected to GPU... even the fuel pumps are off. why is that? it drinks about 1T in 40min

Welcome. See this thread:

http://qwsim.flight1.net/forums/fuel-burning-when-all-pumps-and-apu-off-answered_topic7492.html
Swiss220 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiss220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 3:46pm
Hi,

Thenx for the Hotfix, now i have the Problem thet FSX creshes by the 80kts callout.
Keon662 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keon662 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 1:13pm
I have an issue with the aircraft it's saying on the display screen "Error unable to start QW78-1", how do I fix it?
Spread your wings and fly high
Corey View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 3:10pm
Please DO NOT post issues on top of other topics guys!
Post in the SUPPORT Forum!

Corey Ford
President/Development Team
Kevin View Drop Down
QW Crew
QW Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 4:22pm
And if you can't access the support forum because it says you can't access it, register your product here first:

Captain Kevin
virtualpilot1460 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtualpilot1460 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 5:54pm
this aircraft is fantastic, couple of OOM and VAS at EGLL - currently trying to iron out my settings, to see if it's my end
Odair View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 7:09pm
?Congratulations QW, beautiful bird, buy to use in fsxe, now I hope to leave in p3d
I hope it does not take long, fsx is really dead, there are many problems of failure, so I await the p3d

greetings

Odair
Kevin View Drop Down
QW Crew
QW Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 8:30pm

?Congratulations QW, beautiful bird, buy to use in fsxe, now I hope to leave in p3d
I hope it does not take long, fsx is really dead, there are many problems of failure, so I await the p3d
They're going to get all the bugs fixed first before they get the P3D version out. There's no point in getting the P3D version out if it's going to introduce the same bugs that exist in the FSX version.
Captain Kevin
Odair View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 5:46am
Hi, Kevin

The guilt I say is not in 787, what I meant is failure in FSXE
in many times you are in flight, and fsxe to stop, the lost flight is very bad.
As for the 787 it is wonderful, with minor flaws that I know is being fixed

Odair
Kevin View Drop Down
QW Crew
QW Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 7:54am

Hi, Kevin

The guilt I say is not in 787, what I meant is failure in FSXE
in many times you are in flight, and fsxe to stop, the lost flight is very bad.
As for the 787 it is wonderful, with minor flaws that I know is being fixed
Regardless, my point still stands. Getting those bugs fixed is going to take a bit of time, so I wouldn't expect the P3D version to come out anytime soon is the point I was trying to get across.
Captain Kevin
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthonygeino96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 5:31pm
When is the next update
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic