QualityWings Simulations Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate 787 Collection Support > Painting Hangar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the QualityWings Forums! Ultimate 787 Owners who are new to our Support system: DO NOT POST SUPPORT REQUEST IN THE GENERAL FORUMS! You must register your product by going here first.

Qantas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james.smith01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Qantas
    Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 5:07pm
Hi 

I know it came with a qantas 787 but is has the wrong registration no name and the word qantas is in the wrong position. If any painters could have a go I would be very appreciative thanks

Image result for qantas 787 vh-zna

Edited by james.smith01 - 13 Oct 2017 at 11:18pm
Matt Tank View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Tank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 4:24am
I am working on it, however, I just cannot get the windows to be plugged where they need to be plugged.

Matt
james.smith01 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james.smith01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 6:13am
Hi Matt excellent looking forward, any possible ball park release
Matt Tank View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Tank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 7:57am
As soon as I can get the windows sorted out

Matt
Matt S View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 8:10am
Originally posted by Matt Tank Matt Tank wrote:

As soon as I can get the windows sorted out

Matt

You're not going to be able to without a model update to those right front windows, unfortunately. Pretty sure the devs are aware of it.
Matt Tank View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Tank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 10:36am
Got em sorted.

Regards,

Matt
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james.smith01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 4:28pm
Do you know where I can get the download link
gnt586 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnt586 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 5:25pm
Looking good there 
All my Liveries on Avsim HERE
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james.smith01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 9:13pm
Anyone know where to find the download link
Matt Tank View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Tank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 11:14pm
The issue I now have, is the name of the aircraft.
It's currently hidden and I don't think it will be revealed until delivery in Sydney in a few days.

At the moment I am guessing the name based on the size of the cover that is hiding the name.
I will update and reupload when I know the definite name.

Regards,

Matt
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james.smith01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 11:32pm
Hi Matt 

Name is not a big issue I just want to fly the bird
jakearob97 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jakearob97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 12:37am
Hey Matt, any chance you could release this bird, I am hoping to fly the delivery flight sometime this week. If the name is a concern, would it be easier to release it with the sticker over it and then release a patch when the name is revealed on Friday morning?

Also very keen for your JQ repaint

Cheers
Jacob
gnt586 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnt586 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 2:14am
Skippy would be my bet for it name 
All my Liveries on Avsim HERE
Matt Tank View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Tank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 3:37am
Hi Jacob,

I have reuploaded it with the sticker over the name until we find out the name on friday morning when it arrives in Sydney. (however, I do suspect from the size of the cover that the name is one of the longer names)

In any case, you can get both the Jetstar 788 and Qantas 789 by clicking here

Regards,

Matt
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jakearob97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 3:38am
Hi Matt, 

You are a legend, love your stuff ;)

Cheers
Jacob
Jacob View Drop Down
QW Development Team
QW Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 3:47pm
Nice work Matty!

Jacob Kubicki
Senior Flight Deck Developer
Development Team
Matt Tank View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Matt Tank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 6:08pm
Ok, so it turns out, the name of the first 787 will be “Great Southern Land”.
So for now I’m going to leave the file with the name covered and later on today, I will upload the paint with it’s actual name.

Regards,

Matt
Registered View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Registered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:17am
Matt - thanks.

I have downloaded the named (not yet christened?) 789 you have kindly painted for us all. It looks marvellous!

Took it for my second ever flight today from FlyTampa's SYD Domestic Terminal 3, Gate 10 via Runway 34L to ORBX's MEL Domestic Terminal 1, Pier C Gate 11 (A330 parking bay) via Runway 34.
Registered View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Registered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 3:25am
Awesome job Matt, thanks!

Edited by Registered - 20 Oct 2017 at 3:27am
antonvs View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antonvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 8:57pm
Thanks Matt, I have just installed your repaint. Great job.

QW have done a fantastic job on this great plane. After downloading your repaint I did a short twilight flight from YMML (Melbourne) to YMLT (Launceston).

QW B 787-9 Qantas VH-ZNA landing at Launceston (YMLT)

QW B 787-9 Qantas VH-ZNA at Launceston

So a big thank you again, Cheers

(p.s. I tried posting a few screenshots but they did not show, I have tried Dropbox, Google photos and OneDrive. But no luck. Someone might like to enlighten me about this.j

Edited by antonvs - 25 Nov 2017 at 4:29am
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jakearob97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 2:01am
Hey Matt,

I have downloaded both your Qantas repaints, as they are at the moment the only decent repaints available in the new Qantas livery. It was unveiled today that the next two, ZNC and ZND will be named Quokka and Skippy respectively. ZNC is due by the end of this month and ZND due soon thereafter, do you have any intentions to add ZNC and ZND to the mix shortly?

Cheers
Jacob
Matt Tank View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Tank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 5:58am
I don't think its really necessary to do all 8 aircraft.
Not Ruling it out, but for now, no plans to do the next few.

Regards,

Matt
Matt Tank View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Tank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 4:49am
Ok, I added Quokka and Skippy.
Quokka comes in Clean, Dirty and Double Dirty, and Skippy is just clean and dirty.
Also, updated ZNA and ZNB with my new Roo.

Quokka

Skippy

Regards,

Matt
Jacob View Drop Down
QW Development Team
QW Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 6:46pm
Matty!

Looking great bud!

Well done.

Jacob Kubicki
Senior Flight Deck Developer
Development Team
Ben F. View Drop Down
QW Crew
QW Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 7:56pm
Nice work Matt!
SE/ME ATP, CFII, Endeavor CRJ-900 First Officer
Gabep View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 6:42pm
Beautifully done!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic