QualityWings Simulations Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate 787 Collection Support > Ultimate 787 General Forum (NO SUPPORT)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the QualityWings Forums! Ultimate 787 Owners who are new to our Support system: DO NOT POST SUPPORT REQUEST IN THE GENERAL FORUMS! You must register your product by going here first.

PFPX?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kylesiwek42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PFPX?
    Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 9:26am
Just wondering whether or not there is already a PFPX template for the 787 or if someone is currently making it!

Love the Plane!
MoosteRocks View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoosteRocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 6:03am
Hi,

I'm no QW support, but 787-8 templates are available here: http://airlinerperformance.net/aircraft-types/

They are working on a 787-9 template which I beleive should be available soon
chusair View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chusair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 4:46pm
What should I do the file is .PER and not a Text file which is what you use on the PFPX Template database...could anyone please help
MikeyJS75 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeyJS75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 8:31pm
doesnt work for me, followed the instructions and not showing in pfpx..lame..Grrrr
M J SMITH
elButz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elButz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 5:14am
Mikey did you put the files into your  C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\PFPX Data\AircraftTypes folder? 
It should show up when you click on new aircraft (not template) ->787-8 (PFPX does not have those normally) -> choose your engine variant for every model, switch weights to lb and give it the ETOPS 330 rating Wink

Edited by elButz - 09 Oct 2017 at 5:15am
Regards,
Johannes Butz

i5 7600K @4,5Ghz, 16GB Vengeance 3200Mhz, G1 GTX 970 @ stock OC
Corey7659 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey7659 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 4:24am
When I've downloaded the aircraft from Aircraft Types.com, they download as '.per' files and I add them to my C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\PFPX Data\Aircraft Types and when I select new aircraft, the 787-8 is not available...
https://qvirtual.com.au/lib/signatures/QFA4708.png
elButz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elButz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 5:19am
sorry, just copied the path without double checking, try C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data\Aircraft this is the original path that works for me.
The Aerosoft CRJ uses the same method, you either go into your AircraftDatabase and click "new" and then "new aircraft" or click the globe in the upper left corner, hover over aircraft data and click add new aircraft. Make sure to not select template as this is a new aircraft type for PFPX.

I'd recommend not pasting the path, but clicking through it yourself from your own drive. There could be problems if you moved certain folders elsewhere with Window's integrated moving function.

If you're still not able to use the .per file, I'd try copying it to all other folders within the PFPX Data directory, trying again, maybe reinstalling PFPX and checking the Aerosoft forum in english > fsx/p3d > airplanes > CRJ for this fault, as this technique of adding aircraft to PFPX had more time to be solved over there.

Edited by elButz - 11 Oct 2017 at 5:20am
Regards,
Johannes Butz

Corey7659 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey7659 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 7:16am
Originally posted by elButz elButz wrote:

If you're still not able to use the .per file, I'd try copying it to all other folders within the PFPX Data directory, trying again, maybe reinstalling PFPX and checking the Aerosoft forum in english > fsx/p3d > airplanes > CRJ for this fault, as this technique of adding aircraft to PFPX had more time to be solved over there.

I cannot find the forum post anywhere and when I open the file I downloaded for the profile, its all in what looks to be Mandarin characters or something.... I'll include a little bit of it below...
"�菛႒ឰ�뷬鍋읥굱켹煟ⷦヽ൘ကℤЁ�ꍋ썝䬕奔肓К£᷷㺾뷷␏ུ㵨Ǩ‸Ꞌ軄參뼞茶ᆵ믾﹯鯩O�꿇统쿳罟뼯ꟺ辷뾟폻쟛弇綿헷἟쵳겟⿇慨㿪鉾頿뷥﾿㟨羟�ắﲿ㸯췻£䩫龏툼⿃糲籽헼澻緟ꟹ뿇ﶽ⿦뻯知埨ﴟ﷦繏矾ﻟퟋ볟ソퟷ�瞧뵟纯럭缯㿏捻ᘥ엸ﹿ�켷穫£㾫羞쾭濏䟿龟隷췶猇M⾻ﰾ�벿彗签恖뾟쾛"
That is what my 787-8 GEnx-1B70 V1.00.per file looks like but forever and ever...
I am no techy but have no idea what or how that is meant to work in PFPX...
elButz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elButz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 7:47am
.per files are completely new aircraft files, not just types. The 787 does not exist in v1.28 (current) of PFPX so it needs to be added this way because PFPX has no base model it can work with.
I can't really tell if you tried to open the .per file with PFPX or another program but it seems to me that PFPX was not involved, if you see chinese characters.

You drop the file into the folder as explained before, then PFPX is able to read this file. I'll explain myself graphically here:

You click on "Add New Aircraft" here:

In the window that opens up, you should be able to choose the 787-8 like this, as a PFPX native airplane:

Change the engine type for accordingly

That's the way you add .per aircraft to PFPX, as you see there are also CRJ 700 and 900 models, as mentioned previously with Aerosoft's .per integration.

Edited by elButz - 11 Oct 2017 at 7:57am
Regards,
Johannes Butz

Corey7659 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey7659 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 8:20am
I followed your exact instructions and I'm looking at your images and with the 787-8 GEnx -1B70 V1.0.per file in the aircraft type folder and I follow the same steps in PFPX and the aircraft is not showing up and I'm on the latest PFPX update
Corey7659 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey7659 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 8:29am
This is my current list of Aircraft types in the folder
and I look in my PFPX list and there is no 787-8 anywhere...
elButz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elButz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 11:13am
Did you put the files in both folders?: AircraftTypes and AircraftTemplates

Try that please, do you run version 1.28 of PFPX? The screenshot you provide looks like the AircraftTemplates folder, ensure the .per files are in all possible folders PFPX could search for aircraft files. Usually you should see some other .per files in there since PFPX reads those for general aircraft types.
My AircraftTypes folder starts with an Airbus A300.per when sorted alphabetically, maybe look for that or just windows-search inside the public documents folder for "Airbus A300"
Regards,
Johannes Butz

Corey7659 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey7659 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 5:17pm
Yes I have the files in both AircraftTypes and AircraftTemplates, I meant to take a screenshot of that folder too, I am running 1.28 indeed
There are no other .per files in my whole PFPX Data folder at all anywhere
My Aircraft types folder does not include the Airbus A300 at all but rather starts Aerosoft Airbus fleet (Which I have installed earlier) and then straight into Boeing as I don't have any other airbus installed
elButz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elButz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 7:09pm
that is super weird... there are no .per files in any folder in the public PFPX directory?
Maybe install the update for 1.28 again? I really don't know, this is an issue with your PFPX, you'll have to continue in the Aerosoft>PFPX forum if you want help, I don't think I can help you with that, sorry...
Regards,
Johannes Butz

sanookbkk View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanookbkk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 5:54am
Same as Corey. I am also on PFPX  1.28, I dropped the file 787-8 GEnx-1B70_v1.00.per into C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data\Aircraft and into C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data\AircraftTemplates and the 787 does not show up in PFPX....Angry

Oups ! edit : when i put it in C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data\AircraftTypes it works !

LOLTongueBig smile

Edited by sanookbkk - 12 Oct 2017 at 6:00am
MikeyJS75 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeyJS75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 9:41am
yup. i put them in the aircraft type folders in the public documents and selected new aircraft n still not showing..Grrrr
M J SMITH
Heinze105 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heinze105 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 11:02am
Hey guys!

I have a very strange problem with PFPX QW787 as well. Although I'm able to Add the aircraft into PFPX the flight planning is always calculated wrong. PFPX is planning me on Altitude 1000-4000ft the whole route with 787-8 and 787-9. All other aircrafts are working fine. Any suggestions on that?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic