QualityWings Simulations Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate 787 Collection Support > Painting Hangar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the QualityWings Forums! Ultimate 787 Owners who are new to our Support system: DO NOT POST SUPPORT REQUEST IN THE GENERAL FORUMS! You must register your product by going here first.

By very special request (NWA Bowling Shoe)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Steve Dra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: By very special request (NWA Bowling Shoe)
    Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 1:13am
I had the great opportunity to meet and hang out with the QW crew this weekend at the conference in Vegas.
Kyle, who anyone who knows him... knows he's is a big NWA fan.  He and I got to talking about doing the bowling shoe livery on the 787, almost as a joke at first, then I said "Hmmmm".

I tried to do one quickly at the conference on my little laptop...and as you may have guessed, it had a few "issues". LOL  We all got to see them at the conference on the big screen tv as I convinced Kyle to load up the textures to see what they looked like.  Anyway...long story short...they needed....uhhh...work. LOL.
So I told him when I get home I'll get em fixed up and presentable.  Here are a few preview pics of how she looks now...almost ready for prime time.

There she is with those mighty GE's

tail is looking good now....

Rocketing out of KMSP...where she'd live if she ever came to be.Cry

Looking good in the setting sun

Off into the sunset....(only Kyle and the guys at the conference know by looking at this pic I fixed a GLARING issue)Confused

Kyle, Nick, Emil, Ernie, Corey, Lars is was fantastic to meet you guys!  It was a great show, loved the -10 preview...and I'm queuing up paints for her now. WinkWink
Thanks for the great aircraft, sharing talk about everything airplanes and 787, it was a great experience!

I should have the bowling shoe ready to go soon.
Regards,
Steve Dra

Download my repaints at Avsim here:
Link
Kevin View Drop Down
QW Crew
QW Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 7:10am
Looking good there, Steve. I wasn't at the conference myself, but I have met Kyle and Emil in the past before. Good people.
Captain Kevin

Do NOT private message me for support.
Steve Dra View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Dra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Kevin Kevin wrote:

Looking good there, Steve. I wasn't at the conference myself, but I have met Kyle and Emil in the past before. Good people.

Thanks Kevin.
Too bad you couldn't make it...it was a blast to see some of the other crazy simmers in the world!LOL

Making the GPU nice and worn, as if she's been through a few tough MSP winters...

Regards,
Steve Dra

Link
Kyle View Drop Down
QW Development Team
QW Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 11:12pm
Looks phenomenal, Steve. Thanks again! 

It's difficult to get that gray just right, but I'd say you've nailed it! Excellent work on the GPU as well :)
Steve Dra View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Dra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 12:00am
Originally posted by Kyle Kyle wrote:

Looks phenomenal, Steve. Thanks again! 

It's difficult to get that gray just right, but I'd say you've nailed it! Excellent work on the GPU as well :)

Thanks Kyle!
Yeah I've seen the gray many shades by some painters...its trickier than you'd think it'd be.Wink

I thought the GPU needed to be..."weathered" based on some of the shots I was able to find of them at MSP. LoL

She was a joy to paint and I'm bummed that I can only paint her fictionally now. Unhappy  She's my 4th or 5th NWA shoe paint I think....loved the livery on the 727 (Vistaliners...hehe)
Here is a blast from the past......

Painted that in 2004! Confused

Edited by Steve Dra - 14 Jun 2018 at 12:03am
Regards,
Steve Dra

Link
Kevin View Drop Down
QW Crew
QW Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 7:32pm
I actually did a Northwest paint on the Project Opensky Boeing 747-400 a few years back. Certainly not as good as a lot of other painters, but then again, I don't paint real-world liveries often. Though I guess now, I don't do them at all.
Captain Kevin

Do NOT private message me for support.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic