QualityWings Simulations Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate 787 Collection Support > Painting Hangar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the QualityWings Forums! Ultimate 787 Owners who are new to our Support system: DO NOT POST SUPPORT REQUEST IN THE GENERAL FORUMS! You must register your product by going here first.

All purple 787

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthonygeino96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All purple 787
    Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 8:06pm
Will anyone do a all purple 787 i would love it and thats my favorite color
Anthony geinopolos
Mach 3.5 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mach 3.5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 9:09pm
You should post a color sample, there are a lot of shades of purple.
My humble contributions to the Flight Sim community...

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?Ca
Anthonygeino96 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthonygeino96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 11:14pm
Anthony geinopolos
CoreyL View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoreyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 12:16am
I will give it a go, good one to try for my first repaint. Do you want the engine cowlings and the belly painted too?
Regards

CoreyL

Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthonygeino96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 12:20am
Sure thank you sooo mutch
Anthony geinopolos
CoreyL View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoreyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 2:04am
So would you like 787-8 or 787-9 and General Electric GEn-X or Rolls Royce Trent 1000?

Edited by CoreyL - 13 Nov 2017 at 10:10pm
Regards

CoreyL

CoreyL View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoreyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 2:40am
If you keep your idea as requested here is a sample of what it will look like, this is on a 787-9. https://imgur.com/a/gtgx5
Regards

CoreyL

Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthonygeino96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 8:17am
The 787 9 on genx engines plz

Edited by Anthonygeino96 - 13 Nov 2017 at 8:18am
Anthony geinopolos
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthonygeino96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 12:59pm
Any update plz 😁😁😁😁
Anthony geinopolos
Mach 3.5 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mach 3.5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 12:24am
Anthony,

Do you want Corey to put a name or logos on the sides? Or just ALL purple like a biz jet? Thank God the wings will be a natural color. That's definitely going to be purple airplane Cool

CoreyL View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoreyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 12:59am
I'm kinda stuck, first repaint and I really dont know what I am doing.... Disapprove
Regards

CoreyL

Mach 3.5 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mach 3.5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 8:29am
What stage are you stuck at?

After painting the .psd textures, I used DXTBMP and did the following...

1. Flip all the textures vertically (Important because .dds textures are stored upside down).
2. Import the exported Alpha channels from the paint kit (They are already upside down).
3. Resave the combined texture and alpha as .dds DXT5.
4. Profit!

Just look at a typical QW FSX texture folder. Be sure to include the texture.cfg to pickup any parts you did not paint (wings etc.).

Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthonygeino96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 10:05am
All purple is fine with me or newberlin Eisenhower lions on the side because thats my high school i went to

Edited by Anthonygeino96 - 14 Nov 2017 at 11:33am
Anthony geinopolos
CoreyL View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoreyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 1:16pm
The painting stage. I don't know how to paint the aircraft without painting over the windows, I think I need screen share and voice chat help lol
Regards

CoreyL

Mach 3.5 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mach 3.5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 3:57pm
Don't change the ORDER of the layer stack. QW has them in the correct order.

It sounds like you moved the fuselage painting layers at the top of the layer stack. You need to paint the fuselage sections at the bottom of the layers stack. That way when you 'flatten' all the layers, all the details (like cabin windows, etc.) will be ON TOP OF THE PAINT. 

I don't have Photoshop, I use Paint.net. However I'm sure it is probably the same for both.

Mach 3.5 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mach 3.5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 5:05pm
Jump in here anytime Lee, guru of Photoshop Smile

gnt586 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnt586 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 5:23pm
In the paintkit you have folder called 
Livery Tail
Livery Left
Livery Right 

You need to unlock these and change the folder to Multiply from pass through or you loose the base shading ( don't ask me why) bare in mind when you multiply the colours darken so you have to play around to get them right 

Then just paint your plane from there left is the top/Belly , right is the bottom, I just paint the left and then copy all textures to right folder and flip vertical and any images or text Horizontal as well 

There also some text missing from the 900 which you can get from the 800 but cant remember the texture name at moment 

Also while on it , In the Details folder there is a texture called Multiply but it is set to Normal 
you will need to change it to Multiply 

Edited by gnt586 - 14 Nov 2017 at 5:24pm
All Liveries on Avsim Here
Gone Snowboardin Back next Year
CoreyL View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoreyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 7:55pm
I assume by all purple you mean all purple, I haven't done the wings because I wanted to show you it first just to make sure it's not too much purple. Do you want the wings painted too or not?
Regards

CoreyL

Mach 3.5 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mach 3.5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 9:00am
Good Job Corey!

Schools not out yet though. You need to put his high school logo on the tail...

http://www.google.com/search?q=new+berlin+Eisenhower+lions&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjSxfaYnsPXAhVEsFQKHe_rDc4Q_AUICygC&biw=1010&bih=636#imgrc=_

The logo needs to go ON TOP OF THE PAINT layer and BELOW any vertical stabilizer details. You just want the logo without the background. So use the 'Magic wand' to just select the foreground. Then copy and paste onto each side of the Stab.

CoreyL View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoreyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 2:03pm
Oh thats funny, cos I didn't put the logo on it Confused
Regards

CoreyL

Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthonygeino96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 2:19pm
LOOKING AWSOME just need hs name and logo then good to go
Then the delivery to me 😁😁😁😁😁

Edited by Anthonygeino96 - 16 Nov 2017 at 2:22pm
Anthony geinopolos
Mach 3.5 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mach 3.5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 4:16pm
Too late, he already posted it at AVSIM

CoreyL View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoreyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 3:26am
I can reupload a new one some time. It may be a few days though.
Regards

CoreyL

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic